Far Striders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Far Striders

RPG Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Journey Continues

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
InspectorRod
"Friday"
The Journey Continues - Page 3 Default2
InspectorRod

The Journey Continues - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:52 pm

As you head through the gate it occurs to you that your parents place doesn't really have a place to stable horses so you tie them up at a tree. You knock on the front door and are eventually greeted the butler Jeebs. Not sure he will recognize you after being gone for several years you are slightly relieved to hear him say, "Good afternoon Mister Percy. Please do come in." As he ushers you inside he helps you put any gear you are carrying on a convenient spot on the floor. "Your father is currently at the office, but I will inform your mother of your arrival. Would you care for something to drink in the lounge, sir?"
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 1:56 pm

"Certainly Jeebs, a whiskey would be nice. May I present Strange Owl of the Blackfoot nation." I gesture to Strange Owl.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 2:59 pm

"Very good, Sir." Jeebs gives a polite nod (in the manner that all butlers do) to Strange Owl and says, "Good morning Sir, a drink for you as well?"

[ooc: It's "morning" but really close to 11am, so really almost lunch.]
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 3:57 pm

Same here thanks.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:04 pm

"and some sandwiches while you are at it, thanks. We'll be in the lounge, if you could let mother know."
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 4:46 pm

Jeebs serves both of you your drinks and then politely excuses himself. He returns shortly and says, "You mother ask if you will join her for lunch in the conservatory." You can hardly refuse and so he leads you to the conservatory. The sunlight coming through the large windows really allows you the see the expensive of the furnishings of this room. You both sit to lunch with Mrs. Percey and have a pleasant conversation.

[ooc: I'm assuming that Strange Owl is participating since it's Adam's family...if not just let me know.]

Adam breaks the news of the planned trip to Africa, which Adam's mother takes very well and actually doesn't really seemed that surprised. She shows the typical motherly concern for Adam's health and reminds him several times to make sure he takes plenty of medicine with him for the harsh climes. Eventually conversation turns back to what all that has happened in the past couple of years.

[ooc: If Strange Owl chose to participate some of the conversation is directed at him in regards to curious questions about his past and people. It is quite obvious were Adam got his curiousity and open minded by conversing with Mrs. Percy]

By 1:30pm Mrs. Percy excuses herself to make an appointment. It will be at least until 5:30pm before Adam's Dad arrives home from work.

[ooc: Anything you guys need to do before then?]
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:06 am

[OOC - I can't think of anything. I'm sure I'll just relax at the house unless Strange Owl wants to go run errands. Going to do some planning over in the OOC forum]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 am

You give Strange Owl a tour of your home which is quite luxurious, yet not overly huge. A large two story home with about 8 guest rooms (including one that used to be Adam's room growing up). The house employees a butler (Horis Jeebs) and 2 cleaning staff. There's a large dining room, a study, a lounge and the conservatory that gives a nice view of the backyard. A spacious flower garden that is tended by a part-time gardener. The whole place is surrounded by a large brick privacy fence like all the other houses in this neighborhood. The tour is finished by 2:30 when Jeebs finds you both in the backyard and hands you an envelope. "A note from your father, sir," he says.

You open the letter and see a short note:

Quote :

Adam,

Just heard you arrived in town. Let's have dinner at "Charboneau's" around 5pm. Jeebs can call you a carriage. I'll book a private room and we can talk. Feel free to bring your companion if you'd like.

Sincerely,

Your Father

Once Jeebs notices that you have completed reading the note he asks, "Shall I inform your father you'll be meeting him for dinner Sir?"
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:31 am

I tell Adam I am fine with staying and help plan until dinner.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:56 pm

"Yes, and inform him I will have a guest... that is, if you want to come, Strange Owl."
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 8:44 am

I would like that very much.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:49 am

"Very well, Sir. I will let him know," Jeebs responds.

You both get set up in rooms in the house and you both have time to freshen up a bit. Around 4pm a carriage arrives at the house to take you to the restaurant. It's a short ride to the restaurant and you both arrive a little early, so you decide to wait outside. The clouds are rolling in and it looks like it may be a rainy night.

Eventually Adam's father comes strolling down the street and greets you both. You head into the restaurant into a private room and enjoy a delicious meal. It's a French restaurant and the place is full of all kinds of wonderful spice-filled aromas. Conversation over dinner is light with Adam's father quizing you both about your recent adventures and the time spent in Montana.

To finish the meal Adam's father orders a desert wine and you all enjoy its sweet flavoring. Then the conversation takes a more serious turn as Adam's father addresses you both, "Gentlemen, I'm sure you think I'm about to try to talk you out of this adventure you plan to take. So it might surprise that its not the case at all. I know its rather futile. I had the adventurers spirit in my youth as well. But let me add this caveat. You don't know what you are getting into. My brother is into unusual things. Things I won't bother trying to explain because you won't believe me anyway. What I will say is this. If you decide that it's too much for you, you can always come back here. You'll always have a place here. Do we have a deal?"
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:24 am

"Thank you for understanding. I promise I'll be back, Lord willing."

[OOC - I'd like to ask him about our travel arrangements, and any guidance he might be able to offer about how to organize such a venture.]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:45 pm

[ooc: Okay... ask him then... I won't stop you.]

"Well then, that's settled. Oh, and be sure to write your mother so she doesn't worry so much. Also, she's planning a dinner party for you Friday night as a 'going away', so don't plan on leaving before then," he says and finishes his glass of wine.
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:27 pm

Thanks for dinner. I've never had anything like this before. I appreciate all of ur families hospitalties from Adam being my friend to u welcoming me in with open arms. I can see where Adam gets his kindness and compassion from. Your family is a real credit to society and will always be a friend to the Blackfoot tribe.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:56 pm

"You're quite welcome Strange Owl of the Blackfoot tribe. Although I'm afraid I'm not a good representative of society having a more 'global' view of things. I'm afraid you'll find most of white society will view you as more of a novelty than as a fellow human. Maybe things will improve over time. Nevertheless, I'm quite proud my son has a loyal friend such as yourself, and I feel much better knowing he has a friend there to watch his back," he responds.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:18 pm

[OOC - I'm tempted to wear a black mask, blue shirt, and have Strange Owl start calling me kemosabe. As to my question, I didn't figure we'd want to play out the back and forth of discussing where to find a ship, what crew might be needed, places to get good deals on goods, any contacts in Africa, hence the out of character statement. If you really want me to do all that, we can, but as it's not something that would be based on Dave's knowledge of what to ask about, and would be totally based on Adam's relationship and understanding of his father and the needs of the time period, I figured it would be done out of character. ]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:46 pm

"Well, honestly Adam, I don't think I'd worry about all that. You mainly just need to secure yourself tranportation to Africa. Afterall, you're going there on the invitation of your uncle and so he'll take care of you once you get there. You're headed to Durbin and rather large port town, so it's not like you'll be out of civilization right off," he answers.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:01 pm

[OOC - I will continue catching up with my father until it is time to head home. The next day I would like to see if I can meet up with Carson, and make inquiries into travel arrangements for setting out some time next week.]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:32 am

The rest of the evening is very nice. You all head home and have no trouble getting to sleep.

Wednesday August 18, 1880

Both of Adam's parents are both gone (work/appointments) by the time you both rise and head down for breakfast.

[ooc: Did you want to call on Carson or just have a message sent to him?]
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:41 am

[OOC - I think we could just call on him when we are out about today. If he is not in, we can leave a message arranging to meet him, and inviting him to the going away party. I'd like to just see the city some more after having been so long away. As we are about to leave "civilized" lands after so brief a stop, I'll make sure to check in at the gunsmith where I purchased my sharps (Since each Sharps is a special order rifle, I assume I got it here, and the winchester and colt were just picked up in montana) I may see what they have in the way of sighting or new ammunition. I also ask Jeebs if he knows of a nice outfitter in town where I might pick up some nicer personal gear than I might get in Africa.]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:01 pm

You get a cab (carriage) to take you to the address that Carson gave you. It's an apartment of which he is a tenant. At the time of your visit he is not home, but you are able to leave a message with the landlady.

You give Strange Owl a tour of the city of Chicago which is full of all manner of sights and sounds, both pleasing and not so nice (like the meat-packing plant). During the day there is plenty of industry so smoke fills the sky. Plenty of sights you've also missed living out west. Gas lamps line the walkways and streets, and then you can also see the occasional streetcar.

[ooc: There are gun stores you can go to for any of your current equipment. As for the outfitter, Chicago has quite the clothing industry so should be pretty much any kind of stuff like that you can use. Just tell me what you need.]
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:20 pm

[OOC - I need to find some good all weather clothes, rain gear, good boots, gloves, hat, compass, journal materials and mapping kit. I figure those things are things I could find better quality here in Chicago. If possible I would love a specialized sight attachment for the sharps.]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:51 pm

You shop at several of the outfitters and find all the gear you need to your satisfaction. The scope for the Sharps takes a bit more work, but you find the place with the scope. You'll have to leave it at the shop for a few days while they attach it.

[ooc: Anything else you need to do before trucking on?]
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 10:54 pm

[OOC - ready to roll]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey Continues
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Far Striders :: Victorian Adventures :: Tales of Adventure-
Jump to: