Far Striders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Far Striders

RPG Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Journey Continues

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
InspectorRod
"Friday"
The Journey Continues Default2
InspectorRod

The Journey Continues Empty
PostSubject: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 8:44 pm

Monday, August 9th, 1880.

You both rise early, these beds are just a little too soft for what you both are used to sleeping on. You meet for a good breakfast and the coffee is the best you've both had in a really long time. The local chatter while you eat breakfast consists mostly of local business and the upcoming National Election. The weather already feels pretty humid for this early in the morning. It's probably going to be a hot day outdoors.

[ooc: Bennies are reset]
Adam(3)
Strange Owl (3)
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 1:42 pm

What you like to do?
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 pm

I want to go see to train times and tickets.
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 8:07 pm

I will just stay with Adam for now.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyWed Aug 19, 2009 10:34 pm

It doesn't take long to find the railroad station as it really isn't that large of a town. You both stand in line at the ticketing booth behind a young couple and their two kids. After about 5 minutes they have purchased their tickets and the man behind the counter calls you forward.

[Ooc: You can both go up together (if Adam is purchasing both tickets) or separately. I'll let y'all decide]

The ticket man says, "Good morning. How can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:12 am

"Good morning, I am in need of two tickets for the next train to chicago. How much for first class?"

[OOC - I'll use my persuade skill, what little I have of it. I'm not sure how the train system works in the 1800s, so correct me if you know different]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:01 am

[ooc: Persuade...success! Wild die helps.]

The ticketmaster answers, "Well sir, I can certainly get you on your way. This line runs down to Ogden, Utah. There you can catch a train on the Union Pacific that will take you the rest of the way. I think you'll have to switch to the Chicago Rhode Island railroad at some point along the way. If that will work for you, it'll be 2 dollars a ticket for first class to Ogden, sir."
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 10:46 am

"Wonderful, my good man. I will take those tickets. Could you tell me a what time the train my be departing, and a good place to cool our heels and get a couple drinks while we wait?"

[OOC - I'll tip him a half dollar, if you think that would be appropriate]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 1:47 pm

The ticketmaster palms the coin quickly although you still catch a slight glimpse of excitement in his face when he sees the amount of the tip. "Why, thank you very much sir. The train will be arriving in a little over 45 minutes from now. It usually takes another 15 minutes to prepare to leave. There's a saloon across the street but it's a bit early for some folks to want to partake this early. If that happens to be you sir, then I highly recommend the cafe next to it, which serves some delightful lemonade. They have ice too, which is a treat this time of year."
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:23 pm

"What do you think, Strange Owl? I think iced lemonade sounds great."
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 3:50 pm

That sounds great. I just want something cold to drink.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 5:12 pm

You both wander across the street to the small cafe. A few folks are seated there enjoying drinks or a late breakfast. You can guess that these are also people waiting for the train as well.

You get your drinks, which are quite tasty. You both find a seat and just chat. A short time passes and you hear the train whistle blow a few times as it approaches the town. Some of the other people start to gather up their stuff. Following suite but you both stand up and head to the station. It takes a little time to get your horses loaded into one of the cars, but then you are able to take your seats. The ride is pleasant, considering your accommodations and you arrive in Ogden by the end of the day. After putting your horses in a livery near the station you both find some lodging close by.

Tuesday August 10, 1880

The next day seems to almost mirror the day before. You buy tickets for the Union Pacific line on a journey to Omaha, Nebraska. The trip will take around 3 days due to several stops along the way. The train arrives early and you both your horses and gear aboard (this includes storing your weapons). The train heads out an hour later and the journey continues. You both make your way up to the dining car to find some sort of refreshment. As you both find a table and order some drinks and plain dressed man pauses at your table and addresses you both, "I must say you are an interesting pair of traveling companions. May I ask where you are headed?"
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 12:27 pm

"My savage friend and I are going to Chicago. I must apologize for him, as he does not speak any English." I take a drink. "Where are you headed, friend?"

[ OOC - Do I need to make some sort of bluff check or persuade? Of course we're playing on assumptions, so I wouldn't think people would be quick to doubt the claim]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:05 pm

[ooc: Well, you are going to Chicago, so really the only thing for you need to roll Persuade is for giving the impression that Strange Owl speaks no English. Since Strange Owl is an Outsider I'll make the target number 2 which you beat easily.]

"Ah, Chicago you say? I'm headed there as well. May I join you for a drink?" he asks. After a second of the blank expression on your face, he adds,"Oh, pardon me. I'm being rude. My name is Carson Wells." He extends his hand to Adam.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:33 pm

"Nice to meet you, Carson. Adam Percy, and this is Strange Owl of the Blackfoot Nation."

Last edited by griffonknight on Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:39 pm

He nods to Strange Owl and says, "Greetings." Sitting himself down he then turns and waves at the waiter. "Care for anything to drink while I order something for myself?" he asks Adam. The waiter starts heading to your table.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 am

"Well, I wouldn't be opposed to a sarsaparilla." I ask Strange Owl if he wants anything.

[OOC - Any time I'm speaking to Strange Owl in others company it will be in siksika, unless I specify otherwise]
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 3:58 pm

Carson looks at you with a raised eyebrow and says, "Teetotaler?"

The waiter approaches your table. "Ah yes, I'd like a whiskey and a sarsaprilla for this gentleman." The waiter nods and leaves.

"You said your name is Wells? Perhaps we're related. Your family in Chicago?"
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:20 pm

"nah, I enjoy a good drink. Just a little early for me. Yes, my family is from Chicago. How might we be related?"
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 5:27 pm

"Ah, you said your name was 'Wells' right? Or perhaps I misunderstood. My ears can be a bit stuffy at times. Been listening to politicians yelling for several days now and I'm afraid it's got my ears ringing a bit," he answers. The waiter delivers drinks for Adam and Carson. "Thank you my good man, thank you."

He takes a sip of his whiskey and looks as though he hasn't had anything to drink for days. He then downs the rest of the glass. "Ah, that certainly hit the spot." He sighs and then speaks, "Now, where were we?"
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 1:36 pm

I speak to Adam saying I'll take a glass of whiskey.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:52 am

"politicians yelling? Have you taken an interest in our upcoming election?"
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 6:53 am

I pass strange owl's order along to the waiter
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 7:35 am

The waiter fetches Strange Owl a whiskey and Carson has it added to his tab, along with adding another drink order for himself.

"Well, sometimes I take work with the Chicago Daily News. I was covering some of the National campaigning. Personally, I find politics a bit drab, but it's a job. I prefer something a little more adventuresome myself. How about you?" he asks. He takes a pipe out of his pocket and starts loading the bowl with tobacco.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:12 am

"I would have to agree with you. I find life in the city has become a bore. With all the things going on in the world today, how can one sit and count other peoples money and find it interesting... I'm sorry, my father has dreams of me working in his bank, and sometimes I drag other people into my dislike for the idea. In fact, Strange Owl and I are looking to find some adventure of our own, once I can work out the details. I want to go see what's over the horizon before someone sticks it on a map and opens up a hotel there."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Journey Continues   The Journey Continues Empty

Back to top Go down

The Journey Continues
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Far Striders :: Victorian Adventures :: Tales of Adventure-
Jump to: