Far Striders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Far Striders

RPG Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

@ Ki-Esa Pender

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 4:06 pm

There is a low hum of conversation in the room as you sit at the table in the ship's common area. Arken sits silently sipping his tea, watching the various other travelers gathered about the tables. You study your master from across the table, drinking from your cup of caf. A human in his late forties, his greying black hair hangs to his shoulders. The past few weeks have certainly taken their toll on him. You see this most clearly in the three days growth of beard on his usually carefully shaved face. It's taken 3 days to make the relatively short trip from Naboo to Iridonnia. The battered old corellian blockade runner you found passage on certainly doesn't have the speed the vessel was once known for, but passage was cheap, and questions were few. The two of you managed to clear Naboo space just ahead of the imperial jedihunter's planetwide lockdown.

Now you find yourself approaching the zabrak homeworld of Iridonia. Situated along one of the most heavily used hyperspace trade routes, the planet is a popular stop for travelers and traders. Of course, a pair of jedi are just as unwanted here as they are in most sectors of the galaxy these days.

As the white of hyperspace fades to black star scattered night out the transparsteel windows, conversation picks up around the room, sending some people gathering up their belongings or heading to their rooms to prepare to disembark.

Arken finishes his tea and sets the cup on the center of the table, where it is quickly wisked away by the tables container reclamation unit.

"Lets get ready." He heads off towards your quarters, not waiting for you to follow.
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender EmptyThu Sep 10, 2009 5:07 pm

I am careful to always stay close and be ever observant of what my master does to avoid bringing unwanted attention upon ourselves. I will get up and follow him.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 8:58 am

Your room on the ship is a small cube. A footlocker along the back wall serves as storage and a makeshift table. The room is flanked by two sets of bunks. The room is clean, but spartan. Arken is digging out your few belongings from the locker as you enter. He pulls on the field pack and tosses you your utility belt, blaster and saber. Your cloak hangs over the top bunk, and after throwing it over your shoulders, the room is as bare as when you first arrived.

[perception passed.] You notice your master flipping the small datadisk that brought you here in his palm. It's cryptic message about approaching enemies and lost jedi artifacts got you off Naboo just in time. He sees you watching it, and slips it away into his robes.

"We'll try to find a local cantina and get our bearings, but I'd like to be away from this ship as soon as we can. There is no way of telling if those imperials sent a hold for questioning order when our ship made it out of there."
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:24 am

I know we are being ever hunted, but where is our ultimate destination?
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 am

"You saw the data as well as I did. Any old artifacts of the Jedi must be kept out of Sith hands. we need to find the items mentioned in that message. I trust the person who sent it, and it was right about the enemies closing in. I just wish the maps had not been corrupted in the transmission. The only ones I could pick up on Naboo are far out of date. Perhaps we can find someone here that can help narrow down our search."

A loud clanging sounds, and the ship shakes briefly as it settles into a berth.

The com pings loudly, followed by the voice of the Delkara's personnel officer.
"We have arrived at Iridonia prime. Please gather your baggage and make your way to the debarkation room in an orderly fashion. Please don't shove, and be attentive for younger travelers. Thank you for flying with us. Our next departure will be for Iriadu in three standard days. If you are scheduled to fly with us, or would like to book passage, please see our booking agent in the spaceport for travel times and ticketing arrangements. We hope you have a pleasant stay, and long live the emperor."

Arken smirks at that last. "Come my padawan, we need to be off."

Your master leads you down into the crowded debarkation room, where soon the ramp lowers and the passengers all begin to make their way off the ship. Imperial transit officers stand waiting to check identification as you pass through the booth leading into the spaceport. The officer quickly swipes each of your IDs across the reader, hands them back to you without a glance and holds out his hand for the next ID from the person behind you.

The spaceport is very busy. The chronometer on one of the walls says 1100 hours. Across from the ship berths you see a bustling bar with a large neon sign flickering over its entrance naming it "Rim Skipper's Landing."

"What do you think? That looks as likely a place as any."
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 pm

I agree. Surely we will find someone willing to talk in there. As far asking what we are doing, I saw the card but did not want to assume as to it's meaning as thing can say one thing and mean a hundred different others.
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 2:13 pm

The Cantina is loud and surprisingly busy for this time of day. A number of low tables are scattered about the room, many of them occupied by various travelers. A bar runs along the far right corner of the room. A few servers move between the tables through the haze of tabac smoke. A band of dubious skill plays a loud tune popular out on the rim.

Arken makes his way over to the bar and orders a Corellian ale, tipping the Klatoonian barman before asking questions about the local area. The barman is pretty affable, but says he doesn't get out beyond the city proper much. After some persuasion, he suggests talking to Aks Arsa, a gran trader who dabbles in everything, including information trading. The barman does suggest you may want to have your credstick with you, as Arsa does not come cheap. He points out the three-eyed gran sitting in a booth to the far side of the bar, with two large gamorean bodyguards.

Your master asks you to wait outside the bar at one of the tables near the entry way, and keep an eye out for any trouble. He heads over to talk to the trader.
Back to top Go down
Onegod007
Minion
Minion

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 3:49 pm

I will do as he asks. I keep an eye out observing everyone as they come and go and talk listening for any bits of info that may be helpful. I order a corellian ale from one of the servers who pass by.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

@ Ki-Esa Pender Empty
PostSubject: Re: @ Ki-Esa Pender   @ Ki-Esa Pender Empty

Back to top Go down

@ Ki-Esa Pender
Page 1 of 1