Far Striders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Far Striders

RPG Group

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Departing Montana

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

Departing Montana Empty
PostSubject: Departing Montana   Departing Montana EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:24 pm

Just a quick overview of what I had planned. I want Adam to serve out the last two weeks of his tour, and then ride with Strange Owl to Missoula, to catch a train back to Chicago. I'm guessing he has a horse? Not sure how much a train ticket is, but Adam will offer to pay for Strange Owl's ticket.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
Departing Montana Default2
InspectorRod

Departing Montana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Departing Montana   Departing Montana EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:57 pm

That's fine. You both have a horse that you can use for traveling. We may just fast-forward to Chicago... I'm not sure yet. I may have you do a little travel just to throw in a combat encounter so we can give that a test run. Might be good to work out the kinks of how we'll do that.

Feel free to post whatever you want your character to do in the regular story area. Just use the [OOC:]

Example:

[OOC: Just a quick overview of what I had planned. I want Adam to serve out the last two weeks of his tour, and then ride with Strange Owl to Missoula, to catch a train back to Chicago. I'm guessing he has a horse? Not sure how much a train ticket is, but Adam will offer to pay for Strange Owl's ticket.]

But it's fine to do that here too. This forum is just to keep the other from getting clutter with sideline commentary... like if you want to crack a joke. Or just make a comment about something going on in the story. That's also why I created the "running commentary" thread. Feel free to post in that thread too. I created it for all of us. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
griffonknight
Nameless Sidekick
Nameless Sidekick
griffonknight

Departing Montana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Departing Montana   Departing Montana EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Okay, I botched my perception roll on what was going on with this encounter. The gunman is above us and under hard cover, nearly impossible to hit. I was thinking he was an easy target waiting to see us enter the pass.

I'm thinking I'll shout to strange owl to see if he can keep the guy up top pinned down, while I pick off the guys behind us. I know your having great success, but I should be able to take those guys out very quickly with a 4 more chances to hit on a roll. what do you guys think. Sorry I completely missunderstood what was going on.

Rod, would that screw up our cover situation? If its not worth it, just let me know. Having a 2 in 10 chance of hitting this guy is pretty much like me twiddling my thumbs.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

Departing Montana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Departing Montana   Departing Montana EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:42 pm

Actually, he's not over you... just on higher ground, but that's not really the issue for his cover. He's behind a boulder giving him the cover. Y'all are in shorter cover like the guys behind you.

But, you're not doing to bad. Really, you both could also just focus on the guys behind you and see if you could take them out quickly. Then when it's just the guy up top you could work on out flanking him. Plenty of ways to handle this so don't get discouraged. You're doing pretty good. For any of them to hit you right now their target number is 8. They shoot at d6... so they have to roll a 6 to "ace" then roll at least a 2 on the additional roll.
Back to top Go down
InspectorRod
"Friday"
InspectorRod

Departing Montana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Departing Montana   Departing Montana EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 11:31 pm

InspectorRod wrote:
For any of them to hit you right now their target number is 8. They shoot at d6... so they have to roll a 6 to "ace" then roll at least a 2 on the additional roll.

Actually, after rereading that section I notice I've been saying it wrong... but it's still the same result. Target Number for shooting is always 4. The modifiers are applied to the die roll. So they are shooting at a d6 -4... they still need to roll a 6 and then a 2 to hit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Departing Montana Empty
PostSubject: Re: Departing Montana   Departing Montana Empty

Back to top Go down

Departing Montana
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Far Striders :: Victorian Adventures :: Idle Chatter-
Jump to: